Richard Arthur wrote:
> Issue:
> The direction of searching for the index seems to be the inverse of the
> direction of THE_HOME_LATCH VEL when I would have expected it to be the
> same.
>
> What I did:
> Update from (Ubuntu) 2.1.6 to 2.1.7.  Generate new configs in my home
> folder and modify to suit.
>
> However, with the current set up, homing is achieved  successfully on
> the index pulse as can be seen from the screen shot:
>
> http://imagebin.org/9711
>
> ini snip:
>
> [AXIS_0]
>
> TYPE =                  LINEAR
> HOME =                  0.0
> MAX_VELOCITY =          4.0
> MAX_ACCELERATION =      20.0
> BACKLASH =         0.000
> INPUT_SCALE =           20000
> OUTPUT_SCALE =         1.000
> OUTPUT_OFFSET =         0.0
> MIN_LIMIT =             -32.0
> MAX_LIMIT =             20.0
> FERROR =         0.01
> MIN_FERROR =         0.01
> HOME_OFFSET =           0.0
> HOME_SEARCH_VEL =       0.1
> HOME_LATCH_VEL =        0.04
> HOME_USE_INDEX =        TRUE
> HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS =    YES
> MAX_OUTPUT =            10
>
> Thank you.
>
> Richard

Thanks for the halscope shot - that helps a lot!

It looks like you are starting the homing process already on the switch.
(Or maybe the home switch is active low and EMC only thinks it is on the
switch.)

Your search and latch velocities are both positive.  But EMC starts the
homing process moving in the negative direction - it thinks its on the
switch and is trying to back off.  At about 3.5 divisions on the scope
trace it thinks it is off the switch and starts to move positive at
search velocity.  It almost almost immediately hits the switch, then
backs off at a negative velocity.  It begins the final pass at positive
latch velocity just after 4 divisions on the scope trace.

What physical direction corresponds to the initial negative slopw
portion of the scope trace?  Which end of the axis is your switch on?
Is that initial move toward or away from the switch?

If your switch is active low, you can invert the input by connecting
to "m5i20.0.in-<whatever>-not" instead of "m5i20.0.in-<whatever>".

Regards,

John Kasunich