On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 01:23 -0500, RogerN wrote:
> [...]

I figured you had a good reason for doing what you were doing. Now, I
know what it is. The VFD's I have gotten so far, have had dynamic
braking built in, so I don't know anything different. I am going to
guess that DC injection braking is when, instead of letting the motor
coast, the VFD invokes a reverse direction command for the duration of
the deceleration, limited to the current and voltage limits of the
normal drive circuit?

I think in the long run, your work with using a PID loop with the
spindle VFD will allow us VFD users to optimize the last bit of
potential from these drives. Right now it seems like a balancing act
between performance and setting limits that are safe but restrictive.
Thanks.

Kirk Wallace