Binding EMC2 to a *real* language seems an *excellent* idea to me.

RS274 is an antique language. Adding O words, named parameters and special
comments, although very useful when nothing else is available, is only a
kludge...

The only advantage of RS274 is that it is normalised, and that many CAD
systems generate code for it, so that is the way to go for complex parts.

But, for small jobs like surfacing, pocketing or making holes, I found that
creating gcode is longer that doing the job by hand.

Mach3 has wizards for common tasks; the same could be done with EMC. Being
able to create quick and dirty interactive programs for small jobs would be
a BIG bonus for me.

I am mostly fluent in C, but learning *yet another modern OO-oriented
language* plus NML and HAL commands is not a big deal.

An important point is that we must not shutdown (at least) axis, (and
possibly) tkemc or minimill (my preferred interface...) when running a
script; I think that NML and the modular structure of EMC allows for this.

Just my 2 cents...

Michel