Stephen asked:
|Is there any particular reason why you chose 2,400,000 for the servo and
|traj periods?  I'm sure it will work for these speeds (and it does
|reduce the CPU load marginally), but it shouldn't be necessary to
|lengthen these.  Can you share your reason for changing them?

Stephen,
  In answer to your question: I spent a few hours doing the old "only
change one thing at a time" routine and I found that  as I brought
base period below 10,000 even slightly, the display started to slow
down and the cursor became "sticky". By 8000 it was freezing up the
machine. I decided that even if it "worked" at 10000 a little margin
wouldn't hurt as long as I could get the number of steps per second I
needed. Hence 12,000
I juggled the servo and traj from a high of 5,000,000 down to
1,000,000. I was getting some real time errors at 1,000,000 and they
seemed to go away at around 3,000,000 but as I went towards 5,000,000
I started getting following errors when I had the display (TK) in
continuous mode but not in any of the incremental modes.  When I
lowered servo and traj periods down to 3,000,000 the following errors
stopped. (note that I didn't say it stopped "because" I lowered
it)  Again a little margin Hence 2.5 but 2,400,000 is a nice multiple
of 12,000 so why not use it since it was arbitrary anyway.

In my trials I always left the traj and servo the same even though
it's probably not necessary and I might try changing each
independently but I don't know what would be the gain since it
"seems" to be behaving pretty well now.

Cecil