Gentlemen,
    My intention is to have probing cycles. Some will need probe tip
diameter some won't
    I want to calibrate the probe to the spindle center.
    I want to probe bosses.
    I want to probe a square corner. This would probe three time -
twice on one edge and once on a second edge and set the program
rotation and corner point.
    I want to set Z with the probe.
    I want to probe holes for diameter and adjust offsets automatically.
    I want to probe edge locations (distance) and adjust offsets automatically.
    I want a gui to allow the operator to choose which probing
operation and the gui will prompt the operator for the information.

    I feel I am imposing on someone to turn my request into python. I
certainly couldn't ask someone to implement everything I want as my
wants (needs) can sometimes be pretty extensive.

    I want to learn python. I know how I learn. I have to read the
book. Work on the physical portion. Then read the book.

    I know it only takes three points to describe a circle and for
most instances this is sufficient. However, I personally know more
than one quality expert who use no less than eight points to inspect a
circle. This is not just for hole center position but they will use
eight points for every hole not matter what they are trying to
determine. Sounds like overkill but they are good and accurate. This
is for just a hole, you ought to see their routine for a cylinder.

thanks
Stuart