Gerhard Pircher wrote:
>>Von: Jon Elson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>>These are 14 W motors?  That seems awfully small, even for a
>>desktop machine.
>
> Yeah, that's another problem. IIRC originally the machine was used to
> polish ceramic-like materials. I guess more powerful servo motors were
> not necessary for this application. Which motor power rating would you
> recommend for a desktop mill?
I have used some 22 W (continuous) motors on Taig and 150 Lb
micro-mills with surprisingly good results.  I did have to use a
4:1 belt reduction to the 16 TPI screws of the micro-mill, I
hooked them directly to the 20 TPI screws of the Taig, and it
just barely worked.

These are low-speed, high-torque motors, 2700 RPM, 4 Kg-cm peak,
.8 Kg-cm

Jon