-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jon Elson
Sent: 18 September 2007 17:56
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Touch Off

Andy Ibbotson wrote:
> Jon,
> Machined was homed first.  It does seem that using end and backspace
> clears the problem.
I think it reinterprets the characters in the window after every
change, not just when you click the enter button.  So, when you
are in the middle of wiping out an old number and putting in a
new one, you could have something that has more than one decimal
point, a space between digits, a minus sign in the middle,
whatever, that can't be interpreted as a valid number.

Glad that fixed it, Chris and Jeff write pretty bulletproof
code, so I would have been surprised that a bad entry would
actually kill Axis.

Jon