Jeff Epler wrote:

> AXIS doesn't have a tool-table editor built in.  In the upcoming EMC 2.2
> it will be possible to re-load the tool table and open an external tool
> editor (such as the gedit text editor) from the menu in AXIS.

Ohh, thank you thank you thank you!  I just ran into this last
week when rerunning the same code with slightly different
diameters entered in the tool table to correct for tool
deflection, and it was just the slightest bit cumbersome.
With TkEMC, you can always bring up the tool table from the GUI
and at least verify the desired values have indeed been loaded
into EMC.  You can't do that with Axis - you can verify the
desired values are in the FILE, but not loaded into EMC (or am I
wrong?)

>>Also with "AXIS" is there a way to set & store Work
>>Offsets other than G54?
>

> In the upcoming EMC 2.2 it will be possible to set any G5x coordinate
> system offset using Touch Off.  In 2.1.7 and earlier, only the G54
> coordinate system can be set this way.
I already have this loaded from the CVS, again a great improvement!

Jon