I have 1980 vintage wells index knee mill,
I have retro to emc2 from bandit using gecko's microstep 10x
using original power supply 45vdc and 2 original motors and one that is newer
but came with the machine.
2 sigma instruments and one rapidsyn dana, all are nema 42
The sigma's have no spec's and I can't uncover the spec's, and the rapidsyn
rate the amps at 7.5.
The gecko's are running wide open 7 amps, unipoler motors wired half winding.
the sigma motor's seem tired and don't have much detent at all and rapidsyn has
plenty.
When I run a program like the spiral.nrg the sigma motor will stall in the
change of direction part of the interpolation.
It doesn't seem to stall when jogging at slow speed or rapid motion.
max_volosity .65
max_acceleration 3.0
could these motor's need more current or are they used up
There is some talk about repair, anyone with any experience with this ave.
Wells quoted me $495. for used motors, I think I'll look elsewhere.
Wondering what the people on the list think?
 Thanks again Al