I see this idea come up every now and then. If the Machine is not square
  then you square up the machine. If the ways are worn then you refinish
them, and If the lead screws ar worn you replace them. You're right it
is impossible to build a perfect tilting rotary table, or anything else
no matter how small the error may be. I have used tilting rotary tables
to inspect parts and you'd need to look damn hard to find the
inaccuracies in those tables. I know from working with machinery fo 34
years that unless you have some instrument that can measure in micro
inches you can't acheive micro inch precision. In order to compensate
more all the machine and tooling inaccuracies you first have to be able
to measure them. In manufacturing every dimension has a tolerance
appropriate for each and every feature of the part to be machined. Not
everything needs to be perfect. It's not difficult to align tooling of
any kind on a machine including a tilting rotary table. Besides the
ability to measure accurately there are thermal factors. Rigidity of the
machine and tool holders is not constant. The longer you have to reach
the more deflection you will encounter. The amount of deflection also
changes as the cutting tool wears as well as with feeds and speeds. You
are talking about a huge battle to get software to compensate for what
is part of a machinsts job. If the machine is not up to the task I would
consider it a loosing battle. Before taking on such a challenge I'd
strongly suggest that the machine and tooling is up to specs in order to
  even have a chance at a successfull implemantation. Like it's been
said, "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear".

I wish you the best of luck and do hope you keep us all informed as to
your progress and successes/failures. To have EMC compensate for
inaccuracies in the machine alignment would be a great asset. If I
should ever find the room to contine building my second (larger)
machine. It sure would be nice, there are limits as to just how accurate
I can build and align a machine in my garage.

Dale