> I could not source enough current from my Parallel port for my
> controll card to drive my stepper motor, so today, i added a new PCI
> parallel port card.

Some information on the wiki:

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?NetMos

Thanks Chris.

My problem is that even when i try to address my old parallel port 0x0378 - i
get an error when i try to start EMC. I have tried addresses 0x0278 and 0x03BC
and still i get an error. I don't know why i cannot access my old parallel
port. This is the same even when i remove the PCI Parallel port card and just
address the on-boar parallel port.

The debug line says:
insmod: error inserting 'usr/realtime-2.6.15-magma/modules/emc/ hal_parport.ko'
:-1 device or resource busy.