Stuart Stevenson wrote:

>Jon Elson,
>    Your documentation shows the last output is hardwired to the estop
>chain. We are using four I/O cards on the G&L. Is there a way to
>change that so all four #7 outputs are not used in this manner? We
>would like to use them for other things.
>thanks
>Stuart

I think I can answer this for Jon.

No.  :)

The FPGA uses that input to disable PWM/step output, and reset all SSRs
off.  This is independent of whether EMC2 notices the problem, as it
should be for ESTOP.  I'm not sure how this will work for you regarding
the estop reset.  I think you need to set SSR8 on to get the FPGA to try
to start up again, so you'd need to hook all four of them to the same
HAL signal I think.  You'd probably want a similar thing for the estop
inputs - you'd AND or OR them together to get a single combined ESTOP input.

- Steve