[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I already looked at the emc2/src/hal/drivers directory out i only found
> functions which write directly to a set of i/o pins. Isn't there any
> function/example to directly write a speed or number of step ticks with
> a frequency?
Well, you could look at the hal_ppmc.c driver.  It uses the
parallel port as a communication channel to control boards that
do this.  There are 3 different products.  One is a traditional
analog velocity servo interface, with a 16-bit DAC.  One
generates step/direction, and the last generates a PWM signal.
All work like a servo, you read position from an encoder
counter, compute a new velocity command in the PID routine (not
in the driver but in another part of EMC2/HAL) and then send the
new velocity to the controller.  This sounds like what your
board does using USB.  One reason I have not gone with USB is
that there is that 1 KHz frame clock.  Maybe that is not a
limitation with rtusb.  I see that high speed usb has 8
micro-frames per ms.

Jon