Kirk Wallace wrote:

> [snip]
>
>Where can I get more information on Hostmot2?

I think the Hostmot2 files are on the Mesa website, but my understanding
was that they only work with the 5i22.  I should look more closely at
the VHDL source I guess :)

At the moment, there is no EMC2 driver for the HostMot2 configuration.
Hardware that's this configurable is difficult to use in the HAL model,
because the HAL pins you need are dependent on the configuration of the
hardware, and can't be changed after driver load time.  This means that
you either need to specify all of the options on the driver load line (a
nightmare when there are so many functions), or you need to export all
possible pins in HAL, along with enable / mode bits that allow the user
to (re)configure the hardware in HAL.  This is difficult at best because
some functions require other functions to be shut off, and there are
"unintended consequences" - for example, if you enable an SPI port, that
disables the I/O functionality on those two pins (though you can still
read back the pin state, I believe), so what do you do if someone has
connected those I/Os to a HAL signal?

I think there will also be SPI blocks in the configurable Mesa HAL
driver at some point, FWIW.

- Steve