Paul Ritchie wrote:
> I have noticed that several of you were questioning whether EMC would
> work with a parallel port based upon PCI-e.  I can assure you that it
> will, since the one built into the motherboard of my PC actually is
> PCI-e (there are no PCI slots in this PC at all, which is odd given it
> was a value model).  I haven't used it enough to know it is 100%
> bug-free, but I did run it through the paces to make sure it was
> consistent and accurate.  Let me know if you find anything to the contrary.
OK, but this is for connection to step/direction drives?  I have
a set of boards for driving motion control systems that use
either step/dir, PWM or analog velocity servos.  These all use
the parallel port as a communications channel to the contoller
board by IEEE-1284 protocol.  Most likely it would also work,
but I don't want to declare that until I've tried it.

Jon