I have no experience with this company or its products, but I was able
to find a very short (one-page) datasheet on their website.

It appears that the KL-4030 takes step and direction inputs through
optoisolators.  emc has no problem producing step and direction
waveforms--probably this is the way the vast majority of emc users
control their machines.

However, I was unable to find information about the following, which may
make it a matter of trial and error to properly configure your system to
interface to these drives:
    * Waveform timings: Step length, step space, direction setup,
      direction hold.  The emc step generator can be configured to meet
      any timing requirements of the stepper driver, but you have to
      know what they are!

    * Optoisolator current requirements.  Without knowing the
      requirement, it is impossible to know whether a particular
      breakout board will correctly operate the optos.

Jeff