As part of running AXIS on a remote PC, I am trying to run the standard
EMC 2.2.2 with an NFS mount from my file server to /home/kwallace/emc2.
As kwallace, I can read and write to the emc2 directory without any
problems. I emptied the directory, invoked EMC and selected sim/axis
from the local sample directory. EMC then asked if I wanted to copy the
configuration to my home. I agreed and EMC created the proper
directories and copied the files. So now I have the sim/axis
configuration on the NFS mounted directory. The configuration screen
then disappears and EMC tries to start. After a few minutes I get this
error report:

http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/EMC2/remote_axis_error.txt

I suspect that parts of EMC run as root and root can't access the NFS
mount, but when I "sudo su -" and try to access files
in /home/kwallace/emc2, I have no problem. When I try to access NFS
mounts from my Fedora system I get "permission denied". Any ideas?

--
Kirk Wallace (California, USA
Hardinge HNC lathe,