I hope everyone is having a happy holiday season. If this isn't your
holiday season, then I hope your having a happy normal season. Anyway...

I got a HAL component compiled and nearly working for my serial DAC
project, but I have some issues that would like to get help on. Some
information is here:

http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/EMC2/serial_dac/

I am using EMC2 2.2.2.

I get "unrecognized type" errors when I try to use u32 in my
standard_pinout_dac.ini. I changed all u32's to s32's which stopped the
type errors. Since I am only using the lower twelve bits, I guess, it
shouldn't make a difference.

Between the motion.spindle-speed-out float, and my 12 bit serial stream,
I am losing four MSB's. I run spindle-speed-out through scale to get 12
TRUE bits at full RPM. Then, because my DAC component data input is u32
(or currently s32), I convert the scaled float with conv_float_s32.comp.
Since halmeter indicates that I have a value of 4096 at my DAC component
data input, all the bits seem to be getting to my input. I "and" (&)
0x800 with the s32 input to pull the MSB, and then shift 0x800 right for
subsequent bits. Actually, I am currently using 0x1000 instead, to fix
another problem, but this should not affect more than one bit and I have
four unruly bits.

Thanks for any help.
--
Kirk Wallace (California, USA