Hi Aram

I would not personally use a common threaded rod.  Sherline gets away
with it by turning their own screws but they are not dealing with very
high speeds.  I've tested a Sherline mill at 120 IPM but wouldn't want
to run it there for production.  It just wouldn't last a day.

One thing to watch for will be whipping of the leadscrews as they turn.
A 40 inch long hunk of round stock will not rotate very fast without
loosing stability.  You could test this with a lathe but I'd stand way
back.

I helped build a router table with this sort of travel and we spun the
ball nut rather than the screw.  You could do this with two screws by
some sort of timing belt setup but it won't be easy under the table.

If I were spinning the screw rather than the nut I'd have it held at
both ends with fully qualified thrust bearings and put a lot of pull on
the screw between them.  This arrangement is expensive but is how the
big guys in the industry get the rapids and high feedrates required to
prolong tool life and satisfy customer wait times.

Spinning long leadscrews also causes a resonance problem related to the
changing location of the nut.  The nut and the ends of the screw creates
something akin to a guitar string being plucked on both sides of the
musician's finger.  There is a natural resonance of the whole screw but
there is also a resonant frequency on each side of the nut.  A badly
built system will rip the whole thing apart long before you reach
acceptable rapids or the end of the warranty.

HTH

Rayh