Hi

I'm new with EMC2. I'm interested about EMC2 and I'm trying to learn how
it works, but now I have a problem where I will need a little help.

Does plasma-thc-sim work for you? When I try to run it I always get
"joint 0 following error". I also get some realtime errors because I
have not yet found proper configuration for my machine (even I have
tried quite hard). I'm not sure but I think that this following error
is not side effect of those realtime errors.

Of course it is also possible that I operate the system in a wrong way.
What I do is:
- start EMC2 with plasma-thc-sim
- release ESTOP
- turn machine ON
- push Home All
- push Begin Execution

After a few seconds I get that following error.

I have tried to read all information what I have found about THC, but
still I don't completely understand the operation. Can somebody give
me a little advice.

1) what is meaning of "Travel Height"

2) how Z axis should be controlled in the G-code file? Does THC logic
control Z axis totally so that there is no need for Z moves in G-code,
only M3/M5 command are needed or how does it work. In the example file
there are many Z moves and no M3/M5 commands. Is arc turned somehow
off between cutting letters or not. So, as you see, I'm a little bit
confused.

Petri

ps. with configuration sim/axis-mm (for example) everything seems to
work fine, but at this time I'm especially interested about that
plasma control system
pps. I'm using version 2.2.3 installed from live CD