On Friday 28 March 2008, John Thornton wrote:
>I didn't realize my grammar checker was turned off. I use a Windoz machine
> for my e mail so you must forgive the mistake it made in picking that word.
>  I guess in the strictest sense it would not be an "article" however it is
> very informative for sure. I assume you missed reading post #1 where the
> meat of the information is located...
>
>John

I read back through it John, and found it very informative, so I'll put it to
work later today drilling a 50 thou hole in some cast iron, about 3/4" deep.
I broke a bit trying that yesterday before I'd read that thread.  Gotta study
up on peck cycles first though. :-)  For one-offs I assume I can do that from
the MDI interface.

Thanks.

>On 28 Mar 2008 at 16:33, Erik Christiansen wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 05:42:24PM -0600, John Thornton wrote:
>> > Here is the link for the chipload drilling article. Took me a while
>> > to find it...
>> >
>> > http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/showthread.php?p=862651#post862
>> > 651
>>
>> John,
>>
>>    Interesting thread, especially "KAwhoom-FLAP!", but scrolling up &
>> down several times didn't reveal anything I could recognise as an
>> article or link thereto. Is the chat in the thread the "article", or
>> did I blink?
>>
>>    It seemed a good deal more flamboyant than recent informative
>> description of experience with hard and soft aluminium, on this list,
>> I thought.
>>
>> Erik

Cheers, Gene
Save gas, don't use the shell.