This looks a lot like a device I tested a year ago with hal_inpt.
Unfortunately, it did not work very well.  Here's a link to the message
I wrote at the time:
http://www.mail-archive.com/emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg02091.html

Excerpt:
    While this device is recognized by hal_input, it behaves very
    oddly--the way it operates is at odds with other similar devices.  I
    don't think this device would be useful with emc without
    device-specific hacks, and even then it would be problematic.  Read
    on if you'd like a longer explanation.

Jeff