I've been curious these past few days - while working on my most complex,
yet still relatively simple project on the mini mill - as to what other
online forums the folks in here frequent. I'd love to ask questions like
"What would you guys recommend for this particular task: HSS, or carbide?"
but recognize that this is a list primarily about EMC2, the program. It's
probably pretty OT to flood the list with general machining questions, or to
show off things machined recently, unless of course it's helpful for
illustrative purposes when asking a question that directly pertains to EMC2,
HAL, etc...

All forums usually take some lurking, and FAQ reading to properly feel out
the group mood, and kinds of things discussed, lest one, e.g., ask a
confused group focused on assembly programming what everyone's favorite ice
cream flavor is :)

I've found cnczone, which looked pretty good at first glance. Any others, or
anything better? Is there an EMC "general discussion" list somewhere?

Thanks!
-Gary