On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 05:52 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Kirk
>
> One needs to be just a bit careful about grounding these sorts of
>  shielding -- if that is what's going on.  I recommend star or single
>  point grounding where only one end of the shielding is connected to
>  the frame.  If you bond both ends of power wire shielding you'll see
>  ground loops through the metal of the machine as well as the radiated
>  power signals that you are trying to eliminate.
>
> Rayh

I thought these might be for shielding because they were not connected
at the motor end and had lugs at the controller end. I should have noted
how they were connected before I started ripping everything apart
(Dooh). Another thing, this is currently another one of my plywood
specials, so electrically, everything is hanging in space. Once I get
things mostly sorted out I will make a proper steel housing.

--
Kirk Wallace (California, USA
Hardinge HNC/EMC CNC lathe,