Hi All,

Alex,
>can you give a bit more info about your setup?
>put the kernel config on pastebin.ca
>can you do the same for lspci -vv, uname -a, cat /proc/cpuinfo, cat
>/proc/meminfo

You can find the info You've requested on this link:
http://www.pastebin.ca/1016969

Jeff,
>Does the problem exist after running the rtai testsuite (e.g.,
>test/kern/latency)?
>
>Does the problem exist when using a stock configuration that does not
>communicate with hardware (e.g., sim/tkemc.ini)?
>
>Have you made any modifications to the emc 2.2.5 source code, or did
>you compile it unchanged?
>
>Do you have more than 1GB of RAM?

Yes, the problem exists when I run the testsuite/latency. On a sidenote, the
latency test runs ok, but the first two columns only contains only zeroes
and there is an overflow in the last one. I didn't pay much attention to
this, as I hope, the problem is not related to this.

No, I didn't modify the emc source code and I have 2 GB of ram. This morning
I modified the emc script a bit, by commenting out the Cleanup line. This
way Linux stays runing. After closing and rerunning emc it asks if I wanted
to restart emc. Answering with Yes, it runs without any problems.

Stuart,
>   On my box I saw xorg was using 98% of the CPU. I increased video
>memory to 128 mb and the usage went down to 70%. I increased the video.....

While the cnc is working and I'm using xp with vmware, runing solidedge, the
cpu load does not exceed 60%:::)

Laszlo