On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 09:20:58PM -0500, Stuart Stevenson wrote:
>    I should be collecting the data tomorrow for the cinci. I will
> write the information and type it into the files. This will work just
> fine.

Someone I know (ahem) typed his values into a spreadsheet, then did a
bunch of analysis and graphs and stuff, and shared them with his
friends, who actually found it interesting.

It reminds me of a conversation with Roland F at CNC workshop.  I was
running a part on the Mazak and mentioned that he ought to stick
around for a minute so he could see the rigid tapping!  He said it was
funny - if you stopped 100 people on the street, how many would be
interested in seeing a rigid tap cycle?  I admitted that it would
probably be zero.  Then he asked the same about 100 people at CNC
Workshop, and we decided that probably all of them would be fascinated
to watch it.  ("Wow is that tap just in a collet!?")

We're an unusual bunch but I like it here.