Len

I am going to assume that you have a stepper machine or you
would use the index pulse on the motor.
I have a Bridgeport with stepers and limit switches and
the method of "hitting" the limit switch is important.
Mine has a ramp with about a 30 deg angle that contacts
the switch.This with a fairly slow 5ipm movement to home
gets me about +/-.005 from day to day.If I need more consistancy I
dont shut off the computer I just kill the power to the drives.
I also put a milled circular pocket on a fixture at a known location
and MDI to that location and sweep it in.It wont take long when
you get close.

Terry

On Sun Jul 27 23:10 , 'Len Shelton' [EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

>Anyone care to describe their experiences on the accuracy of their home
>switches, and the type, and relate that to the jigs they were using?
>
>>Len

On Behalf Of Len Shelton