Leslie Newell wrote:
> I was actually commenting as more of a stepper/servo argument. With a
> stepper system you hesitate to hit EStop because you know you will have
> to re-reference. With servos you know you can hit estop then quite
> happily continue without problems.
That's only true in a servo system where the encoders feed back
to the computer, and the encoder power is not interrupted by the
E-stop.  So, the simple Gecko 320 scheme doesn't qualify, for
instance.  If you power the Geckos off, or if they fault from a
sudden stop, then the position reference is lost.

Jon