Jeff Epler wrote:

> I don't like that the driver turns off after 30s.  When the
> controller says the motor should be energized, it should be energized
> and holding position.

This could be catastrophic.  I can easily imagine a cut in one
axis where the other axis is holding against cutting forces, and
then after 30 seconds the stationary axis starts to drift.
If the 30 seconds applies to all axis, so only when ALL axes are
stationary, it is less of a problem, but I still don't like it.
In some machines, there is enough wind-up of various viscous
drags and sprininess that when the driver shuts off the motors
may be pushed back a couple full steps.  Then, when the drivers
come back on, the motors settle do a different position.  UGH!!!

Jon