Andy Holcomb wrote:

> I only get one copy, there is no choice

I just checked your list subscription - you have "Avoid duplicate
messages" turned on.  This is the description of that setting:

"When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a list
message, you can opt to not receive another copy from the mailing list.
Select Yes to avoid receiving copies from the mailing list; select No to
receive copies. "

So, we are dealing with confusion caused by various settings - not
deliberate rudeness on anyone's part.

Your messages are sent with your name added to the "reply to" (I don't
know how or why that is happening, I suspect your mail client settings.)

That results in a reply being sent directly to you as well as to the
list.  Then, the "avoid duplicates" setting does NOT send you the list
version.  So you are guaranteed to respond to the "wrong" one, and take
the thread off-list without intending to.

Aren't computers fun?  ;-/

Regards,

John Kasunich