Peter C. Wallace wrote:
>> I presumed the selecting of one PWM in the configuration set the direction
>> of the GPIO, as it does for the step and direction outputs for the two
>> steppers in the configuration.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Eric
>>
> It should...
>
> Is the PWM pin high or low?
>
> Did you start with Sebastians HAL file? I know he has PWM running his servo
> motors.
>

> The only other setup type thing that I can think of is that the master PWM
> rate DDS must be setup, Dont know if the driver gives access to this yet (PWM
> rate) but if this is not written the PWM rate will be 0 Hz...
>
> There are also several PWM mode setup bits, but my guess is the driver leaves
> them at the default = normal PWM

The PWM DDR register is set to 65535 on module load and then left alone.

The PWM output type defaults to 1 (PWM + Dir), though the user can
change it to 2 (Up + Down) by setting the output-type parameter.

The pwmgen.XX.enable HAL pin gets initialized to 0 and sent to the FPGA
on module load.  When the user changes the HAL pin, the new value is
sent to the FPGA.  Eric, can you verify that the HAL enable pin for the
PWM in question does get set to 1?

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky
"Much of what we learned from the sense of touch was unscientific