Matt Shaver wrote:
> Sebastion (et al),
>
> I got the control working (axis motors anyway) with Peter's custom .BIT
> file and hostmot2! Here are a couple of questions I have so far:

Hooray!

> 1. Following Errors - When I use:
>
>   axis.0.motor-pos-cmd ==> hm2_5i20.0.stepgen.00.position-cmd
>   axis.0.motor-pos-fb <== hm2_5i20.0.stepgen.00.position-fb
>
> I get following errors at higher axis speeds. I tried:
>
>   axis.0.motor-pos-fb <== hm2_5i20.0.stepgen.00.position-cmd
>
> and I don't get following errors, but the axis runs on after I let up on
> a jog key. The control must think we're at the end of the move already,
> but the 5i20 is still driving the motor to the commanded position.
> There are some HAL pins like axisui.jog.x, but I don't know what to do
> with them (I may have to RTFM).

Hm, not sure about this one.  stepgen.position-cmd is the target
position: where it wants to be at the end of the current move;
stepgen.position-fb is the current position.  While in transit the two
will differ, while at rest the will be the same.

I don't know enough about the motion controller in emc2 to say why this
is happening.

What's your stepgen.maxaccel and stepgen.maxvel?  They both default to
1.0, which is probably pretty low.  Oh wait I saw in your INI file below
that you upped them to maxvel=10 and maxaccel=100.

> 3. The hostmot2 man page needs to be changed to reflect the switch from
> floats to u32s for the stepgen params.

Huh?  In TRUNK the hm2 stepgen uses u32 params for the waveform timing
and the manpage reflects this; in 2.2 the hm2 stepgen uses floats and
the manpage reflects this.  Is you MANPATH taking you to an old install?

> 4. I'm currently using about a 2 day old TRUNK. In case something has
> changed in the last couple days I'll rebuild tomorrow morning.

There was the pwmgen scale fix on 9-11, since then the only new thing is
support for the 4i65 PC/104-Plus board, which I dont think you care about.

> 5. HAL & INI is at:
> http://pastebin.com/m36daceed

Wow, 40K steps/inch?!

Your HELP_FILE disagrees with your DISPLAY (but maybe that's ok, I dont
know).

Shouldnt your HAL file use variables from the INI file?  (I've never
written an emc2 ini file so I dont know.)

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky
       Theo: "Julian? I haven't seen you in twenty years. You look good.