On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 13:59 -0500, Chris Radek wrote:
... snip
> DC bus unfortunately is 100V so no common step-down transformer will
> do it.  The amps will do 14A continuous 30A peak, so you really need
> quite a few kVA especially if you are running the transformer under
> the rated voltage (6kVA + ?).
>
> If I remember right, the transformer I have waiting for this project
> is about 100lb.  There is no way it will fit in the existing cabinet.
> I do not remember for sure but I think it is a 415 to 120 step-down to
> give about 70V.
... snip

Chris, I am just being curious, your BP currently has a 3-phase main
transformer that supplies the servo drives and maybe other things? The
3-phase Xfmr expects 415 VAC on each leg which ends up as 100 VDC for
the servo drivers? What voltage and phase do you want to input? The BP
isn't that big of a machine, I am having a hard time understanding why
you need a 100 pound transformer.

Kirk