-----Original Message-----

From: Dave Houghton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent: 05 November 2008 02:04 PM

To: 'Dave Houghton'

Subject: RE: [Emc-users] Qcad

Mark wrote>

  You 'SHOULD' be able to plug it in, and have it work.  If it does not, I
quickly googled these things.  I am by far not a expert, but I got mine
working, and it is not officially supported with the default option kernel
driver.  Yours looks like it has been supported since 2.6.20.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huawei_E220

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DialupModemHowto/Huawei/E220

If nothing else works, you should be able to modify these instructions to
work
http://www.inorp.com/blog/2007/03/13/ubuntu-guide-to-using-hsdpa-usb-modem-h

uawei-e220-with-the-tre-network/

If you can't get it to work, I will try to help.

Hi Mark

Thanks very much, greatly appreciated.

I'll look at those links. I've also set an Email to the service supplier
requesting info.

I'll let you know what's happening.

Regards

Dave

>--------------------------------------------------------------------<

Hi everyone

I have changed the subject line from Qcad to Internet Connection, seemed
more appropriate.

This is where I'm at:

I've plugged the modem in a few times and it is not auto detected. By that I
mean nothing showed on the screen. However after some typing I did get 'now
attached to tty UBS2'. So it knows it there.

I've downloaded the following:

"Vodafone-mobile-connect-card-drive-for-linux-2.0.beta-ubuntu-amd64-installe
r.run".

I need to install it. So need some help please I don't know what directory
to put it in.

Can anyone help please.

Regards

Dave