On Wednesday 05 November 2008, Jon Elson wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Tuesday 04 November 2008, Stuart Stevenson wrote:
>>> Gene,
>>>   Have you tried https://www.travers.com/?
>>>   They have some 5/16 square shank OD thread cutter. brazed
>>>   They have many other thread cutters.
>>> Stuart
>>
>> I did, but even with noscript turned off, the site has enough broken
>> javascript in it that I cannot get to what I think is the correct page.
>>
>> I suppose I could have then send me a catalog, but being able to shop
>> online makes a lot more sense.  To bad they don't support it well enough
>> to do that.
>
>Well, there is also KBC, MSC, Enco, J&L, and probably some others.
>Doesn't Little Machine Shop
>sell smaller tooling for the desktop machines?

Yes, but his selection is still limited, and while low priced generally, the
old adage about getting what you pay for comes to mind.

And I finally remembered the name of my toolset, Glanz.  Inserts are from
a 'V' name IIRC.  Velleman maybe?  And I've got MSC catalogs, but Hennley
beats their prices everytime.  And I'm not familiar with the remaining names.

>I use KBC a lot as they
>are the last one to keep a location in my town, and I save a bundle by
>picking up heavy stuff at their warehouse.

I assume they have a web page?

Thanks.

>Jon

Cheers, Gene
As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.