On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 09:48:51AM -0600, Jack Coats wrote:
> Is there still an issue with running with more than 1G of RAM?

Some have found the kernel version on the emc2 hardy live cd to be
incompatible with their system with >1GB ram, requiring the 'mem=900M'
trick mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

We believe the bug is fixed in the current kernel, which is available
through the update manager after you've installed.  The specific update
that addresses this issue is
    linux-image-2.6.24-16-rtai_2.6.24-16.30.linuxcnc.4_i386.deb
though I recommend you perform all the listed updates after installing.

Jeff