Howard

Howard Chan wrote:
> Dear all,
> At first, I used latency-test to check my computer and I set the
> BASE_PERIOD to 25000. I used Integrator manual to calculate the
> INPUT_SCALE but it is not correct.
> My machine requirements:
> Unit using mm.
> I hope the max rpm of motor is 1200.
> I use SANYO DENKI servo motor which has an 2000 ppr internal encoder and
> max rpm is 3000. The motor mounts a 16T pulley and connects a 36T pulley.
> http://myweb.polyu.edu.hk/~icwfchan/p2.png
> 36T pulley mounts a lead screw which is 4 turns per inch
> http://myweb.polyu.edu.hk/~icwfchan/p3.jpg
>
> According to Integrator manual, my calculation is:
> INPUT_SCALE=2000 * (36/16) * (4 /25.4)=709
> but the computer displays x-axis value is not the real-distance value.
> I try and error to find the value round 1250
>
> Would you mind telling me which part is wrong?
> Thank you
>
> Howard

howard
look at the numbers without the formula, just to get the relationships...

i think...
you have 2.25 turn of motor to get 1 turn of screw ( 36/16 = 2.25)

and 1 turn of motor makes 2000PPR which is 8000 counts ( due to quadrature)

so for 1 turn of screw you have 18000 counts from motor
( 8000 counts per motor turn * 2.25 motor turns)
and
1 turn of screw is 0.250" (inches)
which is
6.35mm (0.25 * 25.4 = 6.35 )

so, 6.35mm travel = 18000 count
so 6350 microns = 18000 counts
so 1um of travel = 18000/6350 = 2.8346457 counts

thats a pretty ugly number
but
the sanyo denkii driver
likely has 'electronic gearing'
which is just a multiplier and a divider

the incoming counts from the encoder is multiplied by the numerator and
divided by the denominator
and the output counts are reported to the control

and
there are an infinite number of screw and gear and ppr combinations that
wont yield nice
counts per micron
so it is possible that you cannot get it with the combination you have
assembled
i'm actually in hk now, but just a visa run,
try a spreadsheet to look at how numbers change

i was able to get close to 1000 ounts per mmm, but never exact

regards
tomp