On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, Kenneth Lerman wrote:

> Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 12:54:09 -0500
> From: Kenneth Lerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Pluto-P
>
> Hey Peter,
>
> You don't happen to have an ethernet interface IFDEFed out there too, do
> you?

Actually we started a 7I43 with Luminary Micro ARM Ethernet interface CPU back
in May or so but custom work kept me from finishing it. I will start again
soon.

As John says the real problem is getting realtime Ethernet support on the EMC
host.

As I said before maybe the way to ease into this is just support 1 or a few
Ethernet chips, and require the user to have a add-in PCI/PCIe Ethernet card
with the required chip.

> --
> Kenneth Lerman
> Mark Kenny Products Company, LLC