Thanks for those many great suggestions. I think the cleanest solution
would be to align the tools in Y and use the lathe tool offset in X.
Unfortunately there does not seem to be an easy solution for X and Y
offsets. My situation is such that I have a gantry bride in Y, so that
aligning the tools in X is possible but Y is not.
To use G54/G55 and not display it in axis would be a soloution too,
but it tastes like a workaround.

I was thinking again whether I really need this second tool. Right now
I am not sure anymore. But when, then I'd probably use G54/G55 and
accept the offset in axis, knowing this is just a workaround until
setting an Y tool offset is possible.

Thanks again for the interesting discussion, I am always astonished
how constructive this list actually is. Even if there are sometimes
some "sources of disturbance"...

regards
Marc