On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 6:03 AM, Stuart Stevenson <stus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> the '5 axis thing' IS conceptually simple. The tool axis motion is
> spherical with the tool tip at the center of the sphere. The radius of
> the sphere is the distance from the tool tip to the pivot axis of the
> rotary axis the spindle is riding on.
> the application of the concept is detailed but not magic and not very
> complicated.

Yes, this sounds very simple. So, maybe I have to imagine parts as if they
are trapped in a sphere and "only" the outside has to be removed. Something
like Michelango did: he only had to remove the marble on the outside because
the statue was already on the inside. Sorry, can't find the exact quote.

Dirk