For me the easiest is the first one but then I also need my graphics
to follow that. I had to use the graphics in NCL to understand what
and how to get through the computations. It is really pretty simple
when you finally understand it. It is tedious though.

in the second set:
I checked the shorter equation in NCL. It is equivalent to the va12
variable in the first section.
The second equation (the long one) I didn't check as NCL has a 256
character limit for lines. If it is not perfect it will be very close.
How would I structure this to be more understandable?
I have my equations computing the tool length and pivot length also.
Should I include those two calculations in the kinematics.
thanks
Stuart