I am using the Mesa 5i20/7i33 system to retrofit my knee mill. I just finished
installing a 500 line (2000 ppr) encoder on the spindle, it is connected to the
Enc03 quadrature inputs on P2.
My timing settings in my ini file are:
BASE_PERIOD =                35000
SERVO_PERIOD =               1000000
TRAJ_PERIOD =                10000000
My spindle is capable of turning at a max of about 6000 rpm. But above 3000 rpm,
my floating point value on the hal pin: "rev-scaled" starts to bounce all over
the place. At full spindle speed my encoder is turning at the rate of 120,000Hz
(pulses per second).

My question is:  Is this too fast for my servo thread? If so, is it possible to
read every other pulse?

Thanks,
Tom