On Thursday 18 December 2008, Greg Michalski wrote:
>When I saw the images I had a feeling it was for some style of
>musket-loading pistol - very cool.  Nice work and glad to see Synergy is
>working well for you.  Definitely start a blog of you work.  Replica work
>like this, though not the historically correct method used for the originals
>is very cool and I for one would love to follow your work.
>
>Personally I'd like to get around to making up my own AR-15 receiver with
>some flair (within the legal limits of personal use and not for sale - just
>being clear so as not to get anyone's knickers in knots).  Granted not as
>historical as a musket but firearms are still a passion of mine regardless
>of the genre.
>
>Of course since I finally had a legitimate way to bring up firearms and EMC
>I now have the opportunity to tell Gene that I love the Ed Howdershelt quote
>in the sig line :)  Personally I've only used defenses one and two thus far,
>someday (I'm a young'n in my mid-30s - lots of living left to do - I hope)

Thanks for the flowers, and some of which (living) at 74, I have done. :)

>maybe I'll be called upon for number three

When you are young ane eligible, you just might.  I got a letter for petit
jury duty a couple of years ago, and was amazed that I was excused because of
my age after I filled out the form and returned it.  Darnit, I have more
spare time than some poor schmuck who has to take a week off from work,
losing several hundred dollars in income he probably sorely needs, and I
think I can listen to the arguments as well as the next person (if they speak
up that is, my hearing had been damaged by my hobbies).  And I'm far more
likely to consider jury nullification if the charges appear to be trumped up
than some youngster with far less of lifes experience to judge things by.
But I got the impression from reading between the lines that what they wanted
were robots the judge could program than real, reasoning jurors.

>but I sincerely pray I never need
>to use four, especially for defense of freedom.
>
>Greg

FWIW Greg, we have at least 200k men doing that right now, in Iraq and
Afganistan amoung other places.  But I don't for a minute believe that is
what that particular quote meant when Ed wrote it.  Much more along the lines
of a rather famous half quote of Thomas Jefferson:  "The tree of liberty must
be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants from time to time," and
the rest of that comma terminated quote is "and God help us if we go 20 years
without it." which does not get the well deserved ink the first half seems to
get for free.

That to me, is what the 2nd amendment is all about.  The ability of the people
to defend themselves from a government run amuck, is how I interpret the last
box's meaning.

Sorry about the rant folks, but no one who attacks the Bill of Rights ever
gets a 2nd vote from me...

[...]

--
Cheers, Gene
If it has syntax, it isn't user friendly.