From: chrisinnana...@hotmail.com
To: m...@mattshaver.com
Subject: RE: [Emc-users] A Classicladder Problem in TRUNK
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 22:04:04 +0000

> From: m...@mattshaver.com
> To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 14:40:38 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] A Classicladder Problem in TRUNK
>
> So as not to let this thread die off with no outcome reported, I did get
> the toolchanger running again by using %IW instead of %W for the tool
> prep number.
>
> One issue here is that the "Vars" button doesn't show these new
> variables. Probably a third window is needed after "bit vars" and
> "internal word vars", "I/O word vars" should be displayed. Just a
> thought here, not ultra critical. I could certainly assign an %IW to a %
> W to display it if it was really necessary.
>
> Also, other than the source code itself, is there documentation on the
> classicladder file format? I'm especially interested in the 10 x 6
> arrays of "0-0-0/0" type data. I ask because I've had trouble in the
> past manipulating the ladder logic using the GUI and it would be easier
> to just directly edit this file. In one case I couldn't delete a
> vertical connector bar and editing the .clp file was the workaround I
> used.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
Matt

If you edit the %W s in the vars window and change them to %IW or %QW
(or %Cxx.V etc for that matter) it will display the appropriate data.
I intend to change the window sometime though i'm not sure exactly how....
at this moment only %E (error) variables are not displayable in a vars window.

As for the vertical bar the way to erase it was to place it again. The eraser
didn't work on the vertical bar but is fixed now.

At one time I was going to write up about the file format but didn't think
anyone would be interested. When things really screw up it is sometimes
the easiest way- I will add it to the wiki when I get time - it would be good
reference for me anyways.

Messenger wants to send you on a trip. Enter today.