On Saturday 03 January 2009, Kent A. Reed wrote:
>Gentle persons:
>
>I know I should poll CNCZONE instead, but this is a much more friendly
>crowd and the rate of useful information exchange is much higher.
>
>I recently got a Tower Hobbies catalog to look for an RC gift to my son
>and/or his son. I stumbled across the brushless motors section and
>thought I was in nirvana. The current discussion about the use of these
>motors as spindle drives has brought me sharply back to reality.
>
>I am a hobbyist who's still wallowing in the world of the Dremel/Proxxon
>class of rotary tools while I get comfortable with the CNC aspects of
>machining but I'm always on the lookout for suitable spindles and motors
>to plan on moving up to. Do reliable, low-cost solutions exist?
>
>I assume that Gene's response to Jon about a Rockwell/Precise
>spindle---"Something us hobby types would gravitate to because of the
>cost. :) "---was said in jest.

Something that wasn't actually because I was thinking of braced up dremels or
Proxxon's.  OTOH, I imagine the Rockwell/Precise offering is also
outragiously priced, way out of my league, so that most certainly should have
been taken as a jest.  But at the time, I was serious without taking time to
consider the whole picture. :)

>Regards,
>Kent

Cheers, Gene
        "What do you do when your real life exceeds your wildest fantasies?"
        "You keep it to yourself."
                -- Broadcast News