Dear Jon,
I am very appreciated you can help me and give me some suggestions.
> Howard Chan wrote:
>
>> Dear Jon,
>> Today I tune the PID again.  Would you mind help me to check the value
>> and give me some suggestion?  Thank you!
>>
>> [TRAJ]
>> DEFAULT_VELOCITY =      13.30
>> MAX_VELOCITY =          33.34
>> DEFAULT_ACCELERATION =  45.0
>> MAX_ACCELERATION =      50.0
>>
>> [AXIS_1]
>> MAX_VELOCITY =          50.0
>> MAX_ACCELERATION =      50.0
>> BACKLASH = 0.000
>> INPUT_SCALE =           -2835
>>
>> When P=20, I=50, D=0, FF1=0, FF2=0 and click 'F2'
>> http://myweb.polyu.edu.hk/~icwfchan/p1.png
>>
>> When P=20, I=50, D=0, FF1=0.198, FF2=0 and run 'Y=20'
>> http://myweb.polyu.edu.hk/~icwfchan/p2.png
>>
>> When P=20, I=50, D=0, FF1=0.198, FF2=0.00021 and run 'Y=20'
>> http://myweb.polyu.edu.hk/~icwfchan/p3.png
>>

> First trace is just the settling of the servo when it goes from open- to
> clesed-loop.

I am using SANYO DENKI server motor and amp but I don't how to check it
is open or close loop.
It is the amp manual: http://myweb.polyu.edu.hk/~icwfchan/M0006890C.pdf
According to manual 3-1(Page. 33),  I use CN1 to connect 7I33T and 7I37T.
And setting some parameters in the server amplifier:
1. Set 'velocity addition command input selection' => _Analog_Input
(manual 7-15 Page.128)
2. Set 'analog velocity command scaling'=> 106min^-1/V(manual 7-15 Page.128)
  I set the max feed of  the machine is 3000mm/min.  There are 16:36
pulley ratio between the motor and ball screw.  My calculated method is
3000/(16/36)/(25.4/4) = 1063 /min.  I set the MAX_OUTPUT is 10 volt.
3. Set 'encoder signal output format'=>Encoder signal direct output
Would you mind helping to check them is it correct or telling me are
there any parameter I need to set?
> 2 later traces show you need more FF2, increase in small increments.  I
> think you could use more P gain, less I (at least until all other tuning
> is done) and a bit of D to damp out the fluctuation in the error.  If
> that error scale factor is 2 milli-mm (2 um) per division, then maybe
> just work on

I think it is impossible for me that error scale factor in 2um per division.
Today I set a large P(70), I=10, D=0.2, FF1=0.1993, FF2=0.003 and feed 1000
http://myweb.polyu.edu.hk/~icwfchan/p4.png
but the FERROR = 0.10 and MIN_FERROR=0.010 (so large)
At the startup, there are an error which is large then 2um(circle 1)
and the error of acceleration is so large(circle 2), I tried to increase
FF2 but it cannot import.

>  the FF2 and damping, I doubt you can improve much on the rest.
>
> Jon

I am very disappointed to set EMC parameters T_T(cry).  In my case, if
I change to use digital input, it is more better to use analog input.
Yet I don't know 5I20 can support or not.  Do you have any suggestion
for me?

Thank you!!
Howard