Howard Chan wrote:
> Dear Jon,
> Today I tune the PID again.  Would you mind help me to check the value
> and give me some suggestion?  Thank you!
>
> [TRAJ]
> DEFAULT_VELOCITY =      13.30
> MAX_VELOCITY =          33.34
> DEFAULT_ACCELERATION =  45.0
> MAX_ACCELERATION =      50.0
>
> [AXIS_1]
> MAX_VELOCITY =          50.0
> MAX_ACCELERATION =      50.0
> BACKLASH = 0.000
> INPUT_SCALE =           -2835
>
> When P=20, I=50, D=0, FF1=0, FF2=0 and click 'F2'
> http://myweb.polyu.edu.hk/~icwfchan/p1.png
>
> When P=20, I=50, D=0, FF1=0.198, FF2=0 and run 'Y=20'
> http://myweb.polyu.edu.hk/~icwfchan/p2.png
>
> When P=20, I=50, D=0, FF1=0.198, FF2=0.00021 and run 'Y=20'
> http://myweb.polyu.edu.hk/~icwfchan/p3.png

First trace is just the settling of the servo when it goes from open- to
clesed-loop.
2 later traces show you need more FF2, increase in small increments.  I
think you could use more P gain, less I (at least until all other tuning
is done) and a bit of D to damp out the fluctuation in the error.  If
that error scale factor is 2 milli-mm (2 um) per division, then maybe
just work on
 the FF2 and damping, I doubt you can improve much on the rest.

Jon