Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, I will give the changes a try and see where I
get to - I will probably have to bug you more as I get deeper into the
bowels of the beast.

Greg,
 I probably will release everything open source, as EMC is a great piece
of software and I would like to contribute where I can.  The micro I am
using is the parallax "Propeller" chip, which is about as secure as a
soggy paper bag, so if someone really wanted my code they could get it
anyhow.  At the moment it is far from complete, it will be a couple of
months before I would be happy to release this.  Also as a side note, I
have a Windows GUI done in C# for EMC, once again using the telnet
interface.  I will release this also as open source, unfortunately this
will have to be in a cut down version, as I wrote this for a commercial
application for a customer, it is quite cool, and I am quite proud of
it, in that It has adapters (software) and you can choose the motion
controller you are using, at the moment this supports the dreaded ncPod,
Mach3 through the its COM object and now EMC. It is totally remotable,
in that you could have a screen with the estop button on it in the US,
and I could have the cycle start button here in Australia and the
machine could be in Timbuktu. (Not sure why you would do this, but you
could if your little heart desired).  The EMC side of this needs to be
finished off, as it is suffering from the same error message reporting
problems.

Thanks again for your suggestions guys
Regards
Andrew