On Fri, 30 Jan 2009, Donnie Timmons wrote:

> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 23:01:19 -0500
> From: Donnie Timmons <dtimm...@etex.net>
> To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Emc-users] Hostmot2 and Homing
>
> What is the pin name for the encoder index input off the 7i33? What the
> Hostmot2 pin name? Is there a signal that has to be named? I start homing
> and as soon as the limit/home is made the latch vel starts and never finds
> the index. I gave up on sharing the input for the limit with the home and
> jump the physical limit to a new hardware pin. Sure is a waste of I/O doing
> that.
>
> Donnie

Maybe someone doing Home-on-index with HostMot2 can post a HAL snippit.

CRadek?

If you have a home switch and index signal and want to home when you get an
index when the home switch is active, you probably want to use one of the 5I23
servo bitfiles with index mask inputs (say SVST8_8IM2.BIT)

These are post 2.2.8 so you will have to fetch them

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)