The disadvantage of the Gecko drives is that you don't get true feedback
from the motors. While the drives are enabled, they will track the
motors but if you hit estop or power down the drives they will forget
where they are. In my opinion this defeats some of the advantages of
using servos. Having said that, they are good reliable drives and I have
had some on my Bridgeport for a couple of years.

Les